Sunday 10 July 2011

Launching

As planned, I gave the kayak to my girlfriend as a birthday present, and I'd say it all went well.

Från Födelsedagspresent: Kajak! :D


Of course it also came with a paddle, and a pair of wetsuit gloves (I got blisters from my paddle the first time I paddled so I figured better to wear gloves.)

Från Födelsedagspresent: Kajak! :D


It's a bit hard to see in this picture, but the kayak weighs just over 10 KG, which I count as a success as she needs to be able to carry it. :P



Which she did, down to the beach!

Från Födelsedagspresent: Kajak! :D


Från Födelsedagspresent: Kajak! :D


Paddling it went well, we paddled around for about an hour and a half, and while she did flip over a couple of times, and lean far enough to take in water over the edge lots of times it was successful.

Från Födelsedagspresent: Kajak! :D


Från Födelsedagspresent: Kajak! :D


Overall, I'm happy with it.
It's just over 3 meters long, 60 cm wide, and weighs 10 kg.
It's built mostly out of spruce, though I'm not sure of the wood type of the ribs.
And in my honest opinion, it looks good! :P

Från Födelsedagspresent: Kajak! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment