Friday 1 July 2011

Day 4

I put a tarp around the kayak, and fastened it along the top with clamps, and went for a test paddle.

It tracks fairly ok, it turns a little bit, but I managed to paddle straight with a bit of surf, so I'd say it's ok. :P

as for stability, it's great, it's stable enough that you don't have to focus on it, but it feels like you could still flip it without too much trouble.

the biggest problem I had with it was that it's not built for my size, so I missed the foot rest, and I had no seat, so I had a nice Pine string to sit on.


However, I decided that the masik will be unneccesary as she does not intend to roll, and the arched deck beam past her knees will work fine.

When i got back i made some seat slats, to make it more comfortable, from leftover rib stock, and oiled the frame, and measured and cut out a form for the coaming.

Photobucket

Photobucket

tomorrow I'm planning on going out to bend the coaming, and saturday it's going to rain so I'll wait untill then to put the skin on.

Time spent day 4: 1½ hours
seat slats, oiled frame, coaming form made.

No comments:

Post a Comment