Thursday 30 June 2011

Day 3

apparently blogger.com crashed and killed my post. :<

anyways, I went out again yesterday.

after a false start because I'm lazy when it comes to measuring I got the stemplates cut out, and got the keel lashed on without any trouble.

Photobucket

The chines gave me a little bit of trouble as they simply wouldn't bend enough, so in the end I cut some new one's that were a bit thinner and got them lashed on.

Photobucket

Next up was the arched deck beams, nothing really exciting to report here either... :P

Photobucket

so... more or less done with the frame now.

still need to do the masik, and coaming, and oil the frame, but tomorrow I'm gonna "skin" it with a tarp and go for a test paddle.

time spent day 3: 3½ hours
time spent total: 11½ hours (plus 2 hours due to breaking the gunwale)

No comments:

Post a Comment